Last visit was: It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kindle Fire HDX
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:59 pm 

Steve Batson wrote:
I know we all look at prices as important even though the specs and usefulness to us are usually more important. Having been in the tech industry most of my life, I'm still amazed at what is available to us and how cheap it is when you really look at it all. I honestly still can't believe how inexpensive tablets, laptops and computers have become with what's involved to make them work! My first Floppy Drive setup cost me well over $500 back in the early 80s and on floppy disk could only store something like 180Kilobytes of data. Now we whine if we have to pay more than $100 for that new 2 Terabyte drive!

We have become Technology Spoiled! LOL

I have no problem paying a premium price for a premium product. I just refuse to purchase Apple products. They are far too over priced just for the "honor" of saying we own one. I have never been a brand person in my whole 59 years of life. I always buy quality and if I can get quality for far less than a "brand" the masses set on a pedestal I will. I have always been a bargain hunter because I have never had an over abundance of money to spend. My friends are always floored at the quality of items I choose to purchase for many times "bargain basement" prices. I just research and research till I know I have all the facts and purchase accordingly and as Matt stated, the Kindle Fire is close to neck and neck with the over priced Ipad. The Kindle Fire HDX surpasses it in many ways so there is no way I would pay for one Ipad what I can get two of a similar, and in my opinion superior, Kindle HDX.

Zenfolio Referral Code 327-5M8-YCW
http://www.imagesbydonnau.com
DonnaU's Famous FaceBook Fanpage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:50 pm 

donnau wrote:
Steve Batson wrote:
I know we all look at prices as important even though the specs and usefulness to us are usually more important. Having been in the tech industry most of my life, I'm still amazed at what is available to us and how cheap it is when you really look at it all. I honestly still can't believe how inexpensive tablets, laptops and computers have become with what's involved to make them work! My first Floppy Drive setup cost me well over $500 back in the early 80s and on floppy disk could only store something like 180Kilobytes of data. Now we whine if we have to pay more than $100 for that new 2 Terabyte drive!

I have no problem paying a premium price for a premium product. I just refuse to purchase Apple products. They are far too over priced just for the "honor" of saying we own one. I have never been a brand person in my whole 59 years of life. I always buy quality and if I can get quality for far less than a "brand" the masses set on a pedestal I will. I have always been a bargain hunter because I have never had an over abundance of money to spend. My friends are always floored at the quality of items I choose to purchase for many times "bargain basement" prices. I just research and research till I know I have all the facts and purchase accordingly and as Matt stated, the Kindle Fire is close to neck and neck with the over priced Ipad. The Kindle Fire HDX surpasses it in many ways so there is no way I would pay for one Ipad what I can get two of a similar, and in my opinion superior, Kindle HDX.

Since you quoted me, I'm assuming your response was directed at me. I don't see where I said anything about saving money being bad. I'm very careful with my money too. And my responses in this thread favored the Kindle due to price and features.

http://batsonphotoaday.blogspot.com

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:18 pm 

Steve Batson wrote:
donnau wrote:
Steve Batson wrote:

Since you quoted me, I'm assuming your response was directed at me. I don't see where I said anything about saving money being bad. I'm very careful with my money too. And my responses in this thread favored the Kindle due to price and features.

I was answering to the whine comment. I am all about spending what it takes without whining to get quality products but I see no reason to spend more than necessary just to own a particular brand when one that is even better is out there for less.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just stating I was not the average whiner. :)

Zenfolio Referral Code 327-5M8-YCW
http://www.imagesbydonnau.com
DonnaU's Famous FaceBook Fanpage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:24 pm 

Since you quoted me, I'm assuming your response was directed at me. I don't see where I said anything about saving money being bad. I'm very careful with my money too. And my responses in this thread favored the Kindle due to price and features.[/quote]

I was answering to the whine comment. I am all about spending what it takes without whining to get quality products but I see no reason to spend more than necessary just to own a particular brand when one that is even better is out there for less.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just stating I was not the average whiner. :)[/quote]

Donna, my comment was not directed at you or anyone in particular, it was more of a comment about us as a society. And, it was a light hearted comment...hence the LOL at the end. :D

http://batsonphotoaday.blogspot.com

Offline Profile